Community Supported Mead (CSM)
Engaging with our community is what makes of us love our jobs – we love meeting curious drinkers who push us to be creative and appreciate how flavors change season to season. To help foster that connection, Bløm offers growler subscriptions through our Community Supported Mead (CSM) Membership – an idea based loosely on the community supported agriculture (CSA) model, where farmers sell shares to customers in exchange for weekly produce deliveries.
Here's how it works:
- CSM memberships are offered in 6-month increments. Sign-up periods occur twice per year in December and June for the following 6-month CSM period
- Members can choose to receive one or two 64oz growlers of mead and/or cider each month
- CSM members must be at least 21 years of age and have appropriate identification
- The mead/cider must be picked up in person at our taproom (the CSM holder must be present for pick up or notify us in advance to have a stand-in)
- Memberships may be purchased as a gift for someone, so long as both the purchaser and the recipient are 21+ years of age
- Members will also receive discounts on merchandise and additional beverage purchases, along with other benefits (see below)
- Memberships will be limited to no more than 100 subscribers
CSM sign-up periods regularly occur in December/June - sign-ups and payments are processed in the taproom.
6 month membership fees (pre-tax):
- 1 growler fill/month - $88
- 2 growler fills/month - $163
Still have questions? Continue on...
When can I sign up? Sign-up periods occur twice per year in December and June in the taproom and memberships will be limited to no more than 100 subscribers. The December sign-up will be for our 6-month CSM period that runs from January through June. Our June sign-up will be for our 6-month CSM period that runs from July through December. Rinse and repeat.
Where do I pick up my CSM growler fills? All CSM members must pick up their monthly growler fill(s) of mead or cider in the taproom. The CSM holder must be present for pick-up or notify us in advance to have a stand-in. CSM members must be at least 21 years of age and have appropriate identification.
Do I need to purchase the growler? Nope! One standard 64 oz growler and two glasses will be included with your membership as a "thank you" from us. You should bring your growler back each month - make sure it's rinsed clean with hot water and in good condition to be refilled. We're also happy to fill other growlers that have a surgeon general’s warning and are clean and in good condition.
What kind of benefits do I receive? Well, on top of knowing that you're part of an awesome group of members, you'll also receive a growler and two glasses with your membership, a discounted rate on growler fills through the CSM, a 10% discount on merchandise and other mead/cider purchases during your CSM period, and invitations to member-only events. You'll also be given first priority for spots available in the next CSM period.
If I sign up for two growler fills per month, do I have to pick them up at the same time? No. You're welcome to if you'd like, or you can spread out the two fills during the month. Just make sure you remember to fill them both as missed fills cannot be made up in subsequent months.
Can I purchase a subscription as a gift? Yes! If you'd like to purchase a subscription as a gift, you are required, at the time of purchase, to designate the person for whom you are purchasing. Both parties must be at least 21 years of age.
The mead/cider must be picked up in person at our taproom (the CSM holder must be present for pick up or notify us in advance to have a stand-in). CSM members must be at least 21 years of age and have appropriate identification.
100 S Fourth Ave, Suite 110
Ann Arbor, MI 48104